Whenever you find yourself on the verge of the deadline as your dissertation anticipates conclusion, and you must finish. Given below are few useful tips that might help you.
- Write earlier Because of its scope and prominence, the dissertation writing process can swiftly become incapacitating. Your graduation is determined by your successful accomplishment and defense of your dissertation. It is an assignment that is appraised meticulously by your academic supervisor and your committee. Fronting these realities can be discouraging and lure you to wait until you can decide that whether you have delved into or thought enough about the topic. Hitherto, the more difficult it will be to start the process, the longer you delay writing. To start writing is the answer to your paralysis. You will be astounded at how opinions take shape, and the direction of your research is put forth when you write.
- Write persistently. Keep writing. Do not stop it. Of course, you will need to take breaks and to read, study, take notes. But it will be the best if you keep the gears from crushing to a standstill. Keep your mind operational and your project moving forth.
- Spend ample time shaping your thesis and methodology. This almost certainly could fit in the number one slot. You might need to adjust your thesis and methodology slightly as you write and make progress in developing your overall argument. Nevertheless, the saying is true: your dissertation will ‘write itself’ if you manage to form a solid thesis and methodology statement.
- If you get stuck, move to another section. When you write a dissertation and get stuck, a strong thesis and methodology will allow you to move around in your dissertation. It is not advisable to make a habit of avoiding difficult tasks, but there will be times when you will find yourself stuck and the best thing to do will be moving to another section. This will help you save time, and more words will keep adding in your dissertation until you find a way to tackle your problem area.
- Know when to read. Write earlier and write persistently. But when you are churning an empty barrel, you will need to know. Reading and research should be a motivation to write, and you need to know when that incitement is needed. There is no harm in stopping writing for a short period so that your mind can be refreshed with new ideas and research.
- Divide your time to research and write. While it is important to make the most of the time that you have and to keep writing but it is best to set aside timings for writing and research. Writing requires a drive, and drive gathers over time. Take your time for settling in and do not force yourself to over produce.
- Get exercise, adequate sleep, and eat well. You will possibly find that your efficiency suffers to the degree that you are not giving attention to your exercise, sleep, and eating habits because our minds and bodies are meant to function incongruence. When we abandon exercise, fail to get sufficient sleep or relentlessly pander on an unhealthy diet, we will find it increasingly hard to muster the energy and clarity with which to complete our dissertation.